Senior PLC Repair Technician
General Purpose of the Position:
- A Senior Repair Technician in our Qualitrol division must effectively and professionally repair and refurbish PLC’s and similar parts for resale
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot problems to identify precise repair needs and identify all failure modes and failed components.
- Perform proper, quality, and timely repairs in a cost effective manner.
- Functionally test each repaired module in the appropriate PLC test rack with a program designed to test module functionality.
- Provide repair reports as required outlining repairs performed.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to repair Allen Bradley PLCs (SLC500, Control Logix, PLC-5)
- Ability to repair GE (90-30 PLC, 90-70 PLC, Genius), Siemens and other leading PLCs is a plus.
- Surface mount and through-hole component rework required.
- Able to work independently yet contribute to team initiatives.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of circuit-level repair experience required.
- Computer and software skills.
Since 1992, Qualitrol International has been specializing in the repair and world-wide distribution of quality remanufactured PLC parts from the leading PLC manufacturers. PLC users around the world have relied on Qualitrol for unparalleled service and PLC products that work the first time and continue to work for years to come.
At Qualitrol, PLCs are serious business and the core of our business. PLCs are not an afterthought. Our team of PLC service professionals is dedicated to your satisfaction and service.
Qualitrol International is a division of CIMTEC Automation, LLC, one of the largest automation and control solutions providers in the southeastern United States, based in Charlotte, NC, and with offices in strategic locations in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
To inquire about this position or to forward your resume for consideration, please send an email to HR@cimtec.com; please reference the job title Senior Repair Technician in the subject line of your email.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction and assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.