Automation Sales Engineer
General Purpose of the Position:
- An Automation Sales Engineer’s purpose is to effectively develop and execute sales of factory automation solutions; products and services in assigned accounts.
- The Automation Sales Engineer is involved from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
- The Automation Sales Engineer is responsible for analyzing the customer’s needs with respect to our product offerings and propose solutions to the customer to help them achieve their objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales of business solutions based on CIMTEC’s lines of automation hardware and software products and services within an assigned geographic territory.
- Primary automation hardware lines are GE AC, Cognex Machine Vision, Sick Sensors and Lasers, Epson and Universal Robots.
- Primary automation software line is GE IP Proficy with focus on SCADA, Change Management, Historian, OEE and Plant Intelligence.
- CIMTEC-branded solutions include quality inspection systems and CDI Industrial HMI and IPC platforms.
- Effectively conduct customer presentations to all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships at all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Liaising with others in the engineering team, clients, and contractors.
- New customer development by following up on leads and prospecting.
- Follow up quotations, commercial negotiations and persuade/convince customer to place the order with us.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Self-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Technical knowledge about automation products.
- Presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time in a local territory (typically 100 mile radius)
Education and Experience Required:
- BSME, BSEE or equivalent work experience.
- Experience selling Automation Solutions that increase customer profitability.
CIMTEC is one of the largest automation and control solutions providers in the southeastern United States, based in Charlotte, NC, and with offices in strategic locations in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Not only does our staff offer expertise in all areas, from product sales to electronic board repair and control system design and integration, we work as one team to ensure a seamless operation for our clients.
We are dedicated to helping our customers become more competitive through the use of technology, and we will continue to develop complete solutions that lead the industry in value, performance and innovation.
To inquire about this position or to forward your resume for consideration, please send an email to HR@cimtec.com; please reference the job title Automation Sales Engineer in the subject line of your email.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction and assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.