GE Intelligent Platforms - Controller Programming - Logic Developer PLC
Learn programming for PACSystems, 90/70, 90/30, and VersaMax controllers in this Machine Edition class featuring the PACSystems RX3i Controller. This class covers programming techniques and the advanced features of the PACSystems Controller using Logic Developer PLC Machine Edition software. Starting with the controller software architecture, students are taught how to effectively develop control applications using building block concepts. This course builds upon Object-Oriented concepts with PACSystems User-Defined Function Blocks (UDFBs), as well as the development of application components using Ladder Diagram (LD) and Function Block Diagram (FBD) programming languages.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for those who are or will be involved in the development, modification, and troubleshooting of control systems using Proficy Logic Developer PLC and PACSystems Controllers.
Are There Any Prerequisites?
Participants should be comfortable operating in a Microsoft Windows environment, and have a basic understanding of electrical/control fundamentals.
What topics will be covered in this course?
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Operate Proficy Machine Edition
- Establish and Utilize Communications to the Controller
- Configure a Controller and its associated hardware modules
- Effectively use and create Controller Variables
- Create Projects in Ladder Diagram (LD), Function Block Diagram (FBD), and Structured Text (ST)
- Understand and program Arithmetic, Timer, Counter, and Move operations
- Utilize programming guidelines for developing robust control applications
- Use User Defined Function Blocks (UDFBs) to build structured applications
- Effectively use the Machine Edition Tool chest as a repository for Application Building Blocks
- Create, Monitor, and Modify running Controller applications
Class Dates & Location:
February 7-10, 2017 - Charlotte, NC
May 9-12, 2017 - Richmond, VA
September 19-22, 2017 - Charlotte, NC
November 7-10, 2017 - Richmond, VA
CIMTEC AUTOMATION TRAINING CANCELLATION POLICY:
Canceling or rescheduling at least 2 weeks prior to the start of class will allow us to fully refund tuition or apply credit to another class. With less than 2 weeks notice, cancellations are subject to a 75% fee and rescheduling is subject to a 50% fee. Full tuition will be charged for failing to show up for a class without notice or for leaving a class prematurely. Substitutions of one student for another who cannot make the class are accepted at any time, without charge.
Cimtec Automation reserves the right to cancel any course at least 2 weeks prior to the class. In this event, you will be notified and a full refund will be awarded. However, CIMTEC AUTOMATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EXPENSES RELATED TO NON-REFUNDABLE AIRLINE TICKETS OR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS. Please do not make non-refundable travel arrangements earlier than two weeks before the class start date.